Save the Planet While you Nap
This lap size quilt is made entirely of fibers rescued from the landfill.
This one-of-a-kind quilt has been carefully hand crafted from repurposed thrift store clothing, batting scraps, and unused quilting fabric.
Measuring 50" x 56", it's the perfect size for naps (whether you're a kid or grown-up) and curling up on the couch for movie night. It weighs a comforting 3 pounds. You can even tuck your treasures into the pockets.
About the Upcycled Throw Quilt:
- Measures 50" wide x 56" long (or 4 1/8' x 4 2/3')
- Weighs 3 pounds, 3 ounces
- Materials are cotton and cotton/poly blends
- Top is made of denim, khaki material, and satin
- Binding is a cotton quilting fabric
- Back is pieced from a brown/black weave and a super soft brown cuddle fabric
- Made in a smoke-free, pet-friendly home
Sewing Up Together
I (Tacy) have done the quilting, binding, some of the piecing, and the cutting. My 10-year-old helps with the math and the piecing and keeps track of the finances. My 6-year-old is our creative consultant and lead conversationalist.
*Napping under this quilt won't actually save the planet. But it will reduce water usage, carbon emissions, and potentially reduce forest deconstruction by using second-hand fibers instead of new. While it may seem small, lots of small things can add up to the big changes we need.
Thank you for considering bringing this quilt into your home. Quilting and environmentalism are two passions of mine, made even better by my boys' involvement. The more quilts we sell, the more fabric we'll be able to rescue.