Printable fabric is an amazing tool for your crafty arsenal. These cotton sheets slide through your inkjet printer and let you print any design onto fabric. For a silly white elephant gift, I turned a photo of a friend’s coworker into a pillow that stole the spotlight at the holiday party. See the finished result in the video below.
Follow these simple steps create a unique pillow of your own using printable fabric:
- Prepare the photo on your computer
- Print the photo
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to remove the paper backing, rinse off excess ink, and dry
- Trim your fabric, remembering to include seam allowance
- Sew on borders to create a ‘block’ the size of your pillow form plus seam allowance
- Sew the pillow back. I like an overlapping ‘envelope’ style pillow back, but a zipper or hand-stitching the opening would work, too!
- Stitch the pillow front and back together
- Turn right-side out and stuff with a pillow form